Buying a smoker is a big commitment. It can turn into a big financial commitment too.
It is simple to go out and get the most expensive appliance when you first begin your meat smoking quest. You might think that person will make the best smoker. The opposite is not always true.
Many of us don’t have the large budget necessary to be smokers! But it’s alright. Quality is still attainable. This article will detail my recommendations for the top electric smokers under $200..
Each of these electric smokes comes with advantages and disadvantages. However, the cost is the same for all of them. They cost less than $200. I created this manual to aid folks who are just starting to smoke. or those who are curious about smokers.
I’m hoping I can assist you choose wisely. Of course, to make a small financial savings in the process.
The Best Electric Smoker Under 200 Dollars – Individual Reviews
Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker – My Top Choice!
Coming in my top spot and slightly under $200 is the Masterbuilt 30 inch!
If you want a large smoker but don’t have a lot of money, I think this is a great option. Especially if you like hosting cookouts or parties!
I always found it simple to reach the desired temperature and the BBQ is incredibly juicy and flavorful! With this smoker, I was able to feed 13 people and 5 children during our large cookouts. Three sides, two wings, and two pork butts were included in it.
So, this is what I believe you should look at if you want a massive entry-level smoker without spending a lot of money.
- Height: 33.2 inches
- Width: 20.4 inches
- Depth: 19.8 inches
- Weight: 39.3 lbs
- Cooking Area: 730 sq inches
- Cooking Racks: 4
What I Liked About it
- Built-In thermometer was simple to use: I find the built-in digital thermometer easy to read. Plus I found that it was accurate throughout the entire cook after testing it against my own thermometer.
- Felt well Insulation: It felt extremely well insulated and held the temperature constant. Even when I was using it during winter on really cold days (Plus I didn’t get any smoke leakage)
- Depending on how you cook, you can add this on: One cool thing about is you can buy the base model and add on any extras that you would you need. This is great because it keeps the cost down For example, some people don’t mind having a window, but I find it helpful to monitor my meat. So you if don’t think you’ll use it you could just go for the cheaper model without the window. I have some mates who say its just an extra thing to clean
- Heaps of rooms when I cooked for a group: The 30 inch model gave me lots of cooking space, as I mentioned before I got two pork butts, wings, and 3 sides in it.
- Side door for easily adding in wood chips: I could add wood chips without opening the smoker door, and losing keeping all my precious heat ans smoke
What we Did’nt Like
- It was hard to move by myself. The unit is a little heavier than others making it hard to move around. I had to get my neighbor to help me.
Wrapping it Up
This smoker, in my opinion, is excellent for people looking for a high-quality product at a reasonable price. My top selection for the best electric smoker under $200 is this model. For people who don’t want to spend a ton of money but want a high-quality unit that they can expand in the future, the base model is a suitable option.
Smoke Hollow 3016DEW 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
- New door with window design and latch
- 1500-Watt heating element with fully-adjustable and removable temperature control
Prefer me, do you like to watch your meat being smoked? If so, I believe Smoke Hollow 30 inch is a fantastic choice! I appreciated that it cost just under $200, had a good-sized glass, and felt well-built (no wobbling at or smoke leakage).
The digital controller was simple to use for me. I believe it will quickly get you smoking. Its solid feel and lack of smoke leaking impressed me. Additionally, I had the option to rearrange the racks, which allowed me to fit a sizable brisket and pork butt.
- Height: 41.5 inches
- Width: 20.6 inches
- Depth: 22.3 inches
- Weight: 51 lbs
- Cooking Area: 540 sq in
- Cooking Racks: 4
What I Like About it
- Has a good external wood chip try: I could add more wood chips without opening the door and disturbing my smoking chamber.
- I could change the rack layout The three cooking grids are fully adjustable and I was able to get in large brisket and pork butt.
- Viewing Window: This is one of my favorite features. I like to see what happening with my meat without opening the cooking chamber.
- Super simple digital controller: I found the digital control panel super easy to use. I could easily get the unit started and change the temperature with the press of a button.
- It felt like it was a sturdy construction: Everything from the legs to the handles and cooking chamber on this bad boy felt strong.
What I Didn’t Like
The unit sometimes has trouble with drainage. That meant my main chamber with getting clogged with drippings
Wrapping it Up
I believe that this smoker is incredibly sturdy and was designed to be used all year round. Additionally, it is nicely insulated, allowing me to smoke in the dead of winter without worrying about the temperature changing. No matter whether the temperature is 10 degrees below 80. I believe that this device offers fantastic value for the money in addition to wonderful BBQ!
Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D 30 Inch Electric Smoker
- Three adjustable chrome-plated steel cooking grates offer a total of 505 square inches in cooking space
- 1500 watt burner provides abundant cooking power even in colder climates
I believe that anybody looking for an affordable and reliable smoker would benefit most from the Dyna Glo electric smoker. I believe it would rank higher on my list of the best electric smokers under $200 if it included a front viewing window.
The movable cooking grates were nice. They could be altered such that they would fit in my rack of ribs.Additionally, I appreciated the side wood chip input because it prevented heat or smoke loss mid-cook.
- Height: 35.9 inches
- Width: 23.5 inches
- Depth: 18.4 inches
- Weight: 46.3 lbs
- Cooking Area: 505 sq in
- Cooking Racks: 4
What I Liked About It
- Wood Chip Loader: The conveniently placed side access wood chip loader reduces heat and smoke loss when I added more wood chips.
- No fuss manual temperature dial: The manual temperature dial allowed me to for fine-tuning my cooking temperature.
- Strong burners: The powerful 1,650-Watt burner helped maintain my temps when I was cooking in freezing weather
- Easily adjustable racks: I liked that I could adjust the grates to what I was cooking. I managed to get a fairly large rack of ribs in.
- Temperature gauge: Easily read stainless steel temperature gauge with handy “Smoke Zone” feature which helped me find the perfect temperature.
- Really good insulation: The double-walled firebox retains heat really well. I didn’t notice any fluctuations in temperature throughout the cooking process.
What I Did’nt Liked About It
- The pan can doesn’t catch all the drippings. About 1/3 ended up on the floor and the rest dripping down the unit.
Wrapping it Up
For those searching for a less priced option to charcoal smokers, the Dyna-Glo is a terrific small smoker. I found it to be simple to put together and got it running in under an hour.
It is a solid equipment that is ideal for any beginner or professional looking to save a little bit of money, and I thought the overall quality was excellent.
Old Smokey Electric Smoker
The Old Smokey, in my opinion, is the most reliable, practical tin can you will ever lay eyes on. This tiny gem is a highly reliable appliance that gave me delicious cuisine. For people with limited space, this is the ideal set it and forget it electric smoker.
Basically, all you have to do is load up your meal, and the Old Smokey will do the rest.
Old Smokey Electric Smoker Specifications
- Height: 29 inches
- Width: 15.5 inches
- Depth: 15.5 inches
- Cooking Space: 280 sq inches
- Weight: 23 lbs
What I Liked About The Old Smokey
- The thermostat had an auto feature: it had an advanced heat thermostat, this helped me when I was cooking all different cuts. Once you set the temperature on this kit, you no longer have to worry about the heating. This kit will digitally control the inside temperature of the grill using its advanced sensors and heat regulator.
- Simplicity: The Old Smokey’s greatest feature is simplicity. We think it is perfect for anyone starting or the advanced cook who just likes to work with the best yet simple product.
- Tightly fitting lid: One of the most important features of a smoker is the seals and tightly fitting lid. If your smoker isn’t sealing then you are losing precious heat or smoke. This unit seals tight which means it also creates condensation, this then falls back on the meat, keeping it juicy and enhancing flavor even more. We also found that no leaks made cleaning the smoker much easier. You don’t have grease dripping don’t the sides to scrub off later making the cleaning much easier.
- Easy to move around: The Old Smokey is one of the easy smokers to move. It only weighs about 25 pounds, and it features two side handles. So, you have to worry about having a friend handy to move it. I was able to do it with almost no effort at all. This makes it a great option to take camping, tailgating, or just around to a neighbor’s place.
- Safe and sturdy fireproof handles: The safety of this unit is top-notch. The handles are made of heat-resistant materials. No matter how long we cooked, we could always lift the lid.
- Easy inserting or removing Grills: The grills of this unit were extremely easy to rearrange. It has two grills, upper and lower, with diameters of 14.5” and 12.5” respectively. Each of these has handles to make inserting and removing them an easier task.
Wrapping it Up
Overall, I believe the Old Smokey is a high-quality item you should get if you’re looking for something straightforward but long-lasting. With this tiny tin can, anyone wishing to cook luscious and juicy smoked meat with little effort will get the most for their money.
My favorite aspect is how simple it is to put together. It can be used right away after being removed from the package.
After utilizing this little guy two or three times, you’ll be a master of the smoker.
Masterbuilt 20073716 Portable Electric Smoker
- 1,400 watt heating element with two chrome coatedsmoking racks
- Simple controls with high, medium and lowsettings
The Masterbuilt 20073716 is the only smoker you need if you want to be able to travel with it. This great little gem is still big enough for me to use an electric smoker to cook a 15-pound turkey. However, it was compact enough to fit with my camping equipment or in the back of my pickup.
For just under $100, it is a need for any smoker who is constantly on the go.
- Height: 15.9 inches
- Width: 23.6 inches
- Depth: 23.4 inches
- Weight: 21.6 lbs
- Cooking Area: 730 sq in
- Cooking Racks: 2
What We Liked
- Easy to move around: It’s not just a name. Its amazingly portable. The unit is a 20-inch cubes box which makes it extremely easy to store, transport, and maneuver. I could even fold up the legs! This makes it a perfect companion for our RV, packing it in the car to take to the campground or even to throw it in the car for the kids’ Saturday sports events.
- Lightweight: The total unit weight is just shy of 22 lbs. This is light enough to carry anywhere. For those of you who are adventurous, I highly recommend also buying the Masterbuilt Smoker Carrying Bag. It made taking this bad boy anywhere a real breeze. Plus I found the bag is super heavy duty and has lots of pockets for storage.
- Simple dial temperature control: I liked the simple temperature settings on this smoker. Low, medium, and high. You can easily change between these settings with the simple dial. The dial is simply placed on the front door where I could easily keep an eye on the temperature and make changes accordingly.
- Constant heat: Having 1400 watts of heating power, I think it has enough power to smoke a range of foods, we managed to do a large chicken in it with some sides.
- Easy for us to remove the pans: The removable wood and water pan made refilling a breeze. Removing the tray can be done while the smoker is running without disturbing the cooking process. Perfect!
- Foldable Legs: The feature that I loved the most was the foldable legs. These legs are surprisingly sturdy and very convenient. They can be folded flat under the unit for easy storage anywhere and they have enough height to keep the unit safe from dirt, mud, sand, and grass.
- Large capacity for a transportable unit.
- Removable water and chip trays.
- Lightweight and very portable.
- One of the easiest units to transport.
- Ready to use right out of the box.
- Easy to clean with the removable internal rack system.
- Lightweight at slightly under 22 pounds.
- Warranty period is short, only ninety days.
- The grease catching system can get clogged quickly.
Wrapping it Up
There is no way around it for me. Anyone who enjoys bringing their delicious meals with them must have this.
This device would unquestionably be my first choice if it had a larger capacity.
But when it comes to the finest portable electric smoker, it comes in first. Even a 15-pound turkey can fit inside, which is impressive for such a little appliance. It also has a great-tasting smokey flavor.
Here are my recommendations for the top electric smokers for less than $200. I hope that this will help you begin your quest to become a pit master!
Last update on 2023-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API